Saturday, July 23, 2016
Ride Begins at 10 p.m. Near Old Town Lenexa
Online Registration Available in April 2016
Building on the great success of our new route last year, the Moonlight Bike Ride is back for our 21st year with a family-friendly route that includes the rider-favorite loop underground!
Riders will enjoy the nine mile, closed-course route that travels down 95th Street and the return of the unique loop through the Meritex caves. The course starts and ends near Old Town Lenexa. Following the ride, stay for the all-you-can pancake breakfast.
SAG support will provide transportation back to the start/end location for riders unable to complete the ride.
Sponsored by Lenexa Parks and Recreation and the Lenexa Optimist Club.
Proceeds from the event directly benefit youth programs in our community supported by the Lenexa Optimist Club. Among the many activities and organizations supported are KU Kids Healing Place, KidsTLC supporting children and families in crisis, SafeHome, Friends of Johnson County Developmental Supports, Harvesters, Urban Scholastic Center, and Camp Quality for children with cancer. Other projects include calculator distribution to 4th graders and scholarships to Johnson County Community College. These are just a few of the ways Lenexa Optimists work to fulfill the Optimist International “Bringing Out the Best in Kids” motto.
Decorate yourself and your bike! Get creative and light up the night. Compete for a GIANT bicycle, donated by Turner's Cycling & Fitness. $500 value.
Judging at 9:30 p.m. in the ride staging area.
Decorations must allow participant to ride safely or must be removed before the ride starts.
- Early-bird registration (on/before July 1): $20 for adults and $15 for children 12 and under.
- After July 1, 2016: $25 for adults, and $20 for children 12 and under.
- All participants under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian, or the parent's or guardian's designee; designee must be at least 21 years of age.
- Participants will receive a free commemorative Moonlight Bike Ride T-shirt while supplies last. Size requests will be honored to the extent possible.
- Packet pickup is Friday, July 22 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday, July 23 from 8-9:30 p.m. at the Lenexa Community Center.
- Group/Team/Corporate rates: $2 off individual rate for members of approved groups of 6 or more. To register teams, contact Charlie at 913-477-7136.
- Several easy ways to register:
- Online (a convenience fee applies); deadline for online registration is July 21. After July 21, participants may register in person at the Community Center or at the event.
- In person at the Lenexa Community Center, 13420 Oak Street, Lenexa, KS 66215
- By mail - Send completed form and registration fee to the Lenexa Community Center, 13420 Oak Street, Lenexa, KS 66215
- Questions: Phone - 913-477-7100
Pancake feed after the ride is $6 per person.
A helmet, front light and rear reflector are required to ride.