Saturday, July 18, 2015
Ride Begins at 10 p.m. Near Old Town Lenexa
The Moonlight Bike Ride is back and better than ever — with a new name, new time and new route that includes the return of the popular ride through the Meritex caves!
Riders will enjoy the nine mile, family friendly, closed-course route down 95th Street and the return of the unique one mile loop through the Meritex caves, back by popular demand. The course ends back near Old Town. Following the ride, stay for the pancake breakfast.
SAG support will provide transportation back to the start/end location for riders unable to complete the ride.
Sponsored by Lenexa Parks and Recreation and the Lenexa Optimist Club.
Proceeds from the event directly benefit youth programs in our community supported by the Lenexa Optimist Club. Among the many activities and organizations supported are KU Kids Healing Place, KidsTLC supporting children and families in crisis, SafeHome, Friends of Johnson County Developmental Supports, Harvesters, and Camp Quality for children with cancer. Other projects include calculator distribution to 4th graders and scholarships to Johnson County Community College. These are just a few of the ways Lenexa Optimists work to fulfill the Optimist International “Bringing Out the Best in Kids” motto.
- Early-bird registration (on/before June 26): $20 for adults and $15 for children 12 and under.
- After June 26, 2015: $25 for adults, and $20 for children 12 and under.
- All participants under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian, or the parent's or guardian's designee; designee must be at least 21 years of age.
- Participants will receive a free commemorative Moonlight Bike Ride T-shirt while supplies last. Size requests will be honored to the extent possible.
- Packet pickup is Friday, July 17 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday, July 18 from 8-9:30 p.m. at the Lenexa Community Center.
- Group/Team/Corporate rates: $2 off individual rate for members of approved groups of 6 or more. To register teams, contact Charlie at 913-477-7136.
- Several easy ways to register:
- In person at the Lenexa Community Center, 13420 Oak Street, Lenexa, KS 66215
- By phone - 913-477-7100
- By mail - Send completed form and registration fee to the Lenexa Community Center, 13420 Oak Street, Lenexa, KS 66215
- Online ($2.30 convenience fee); deadline for online registration is July 16. After July 16, participants may register in person at the Community Center or at the event.
Pancake feed after the ride is $6 per person.
A helmet, front light and rear reflector are required to ride.